Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I Killed the Man That Wasn't There


I've decided to jump into the world of eBooks and that means doing all my own marketing. This leaves me at bit of a disadvantage as I have never bought a book from an unknown author. I've bought lots of books but when it comes to unknown authors I used to either find them by going to the library and checking out a book or reading magazines and looking up an author I really liked.

Now I've sold a few stories to magazines, but it is a long process. Looking at the stories I've sold it seems a crap shoot as well. In putting this eBook together I took two of the stories I sold, I KILLED THE MAN THAT WASN'T THERE and CURSED SHIP and dusted them off expecting to just put them in the eBook. Problem was when I put on my editor's cap, I decided that they weren't good enough for my book and I rejected myself.

After rewriting them, and getting some great suggestions from my friends at Scribophile http://www.scribophile.com I have four short stories that I am really proud of. The other two I NEVER MEANT TO HURT YOU and CONJUNCTION were held by several magazines through several rounds of publication only to be rejected after several months.

So in order to reach readers like myself that simply don't buy books from an author they haven't heard of I put these stories together and I'm giving them away free. I feel it is a win-win for everyone, readers get to read a few stories of mine and decide if they like my ideas and style enough to spend the $3 I'm asking for my novels. I wrote them for my own selfish reasons, I get an idea and I have to write it out, but I edited them so people could enjoy them. If it makes someone want to read more of my stuff that's even better.

So if you're looking for a few stories to entertain yourself with for a few hours please check out my free eBook, it's a bargain at twice the price.

I KILLED THE MAN THAT WASN'T THERE

No comments:

Post a Comment